New Moon in Leo ~ Pattern Seeded The Coming Month with Dragon Power
By Marcia, 08/03/2016
In a sky full of fire, a Leo Moon made herself new yesterday. Wherever the sign of Leo is located in your birth chart, an extremely potent new beginning that’s still being seeded. It’s full of star power, and saturated with the joy, creativity, and love that holds our Universe together — and it will guide every minute win the game-changing month that lies ahead.
It’s a beginning so potent that the Sun, the ruler of this New Moon, sent a solar wind to Earth just after it was created — a wind so strong that it caused a geomagnetic storm that’s still sweeping today through the New Moon energy field. Carrying high-frequency star power, this solar wind is shifting your vibrational resonance with the heart — even as you read these words.
Your great adventure of the heart is just beginning. The keywords here are “Heart” and “beginning.” Embracing them so fully they become the cornerstone of your life will shape the next month — and will leave an imprint on the next five years — of your life, and of our world.
The Warrior and the Manifester: reborn in fire
Just hours before the New Moon, Mars brought to an end his 10-week journey through the depths of Scorpio. The Cosmic Warrior has faced some deeply embedded fears this summer. He’s faced some demons and shed some dead skin. Now, full of fire and vision, Mars is ready for adventure.
And that’s just what’s coming this month.
For the next 22 days, he’s making his way towards one of the most powerful degrees of the sky, home to the great Warrior Star Antares. There, Mars will conjoin Saturn. The Old Masculine and the Young are creating a new beginning — in the frequencies of the great star Antares. Known “the heart of the Scorpion,” Antares is the Guardian Star of the sacred direction of the South. Fierce and unafraid of conflict, this red supergiant is the protector of the joyful, celebratory heart.
Saturn is already there, waiting for Mars in the Antares degree. By the time the Warrior reaches him, the Gatekeeper of our consensus reality will have been soaking up the fiery courage of Antares for 28 days. It is here that Saturn will bring his 5-month retrograde to an end on August 13. Since March 25, the Gatekeeper has been searching beneath the surface of your life for the energy you need to live your truth more fully and make your quest more real and more serious than ever.
That journey ends in the frequencies of the Great Warrior Star Antares, connecting you with the courage you need to stand the ground of your own truth and your vision for your life. As the Masculine – within and around you — is reborn in fire, only you can choose whether this new beginning will be one of the trail-blazing courage of the heart, or another version of the worn-out narrative of conquest, dressed in the latest fashions.
- To rebirth your courage, your passion, and your authority from the deepest truth of your heart, feed the fire within. Move your body. Feel the fire of your joy and of your anger. Have fun — every single day. Throw a pillow across the room, or hit it with a bat. Let your energy move through you into the world. Do something, every day, that scares you a little.
Venus in Virgo: Our Evening Star, live-streaming the power of the Virgin Goddess
On Friday, August 5, Venus enters Virgo. As she does, our Queen of Heaven conjoins one of the celestial power spots of the Cosmic Feminine. Since late 2011, Regulus — long the star of the king whose blessings came through Leo — has occupied the first, potent degree of Virgo, the ancient sign of the Virgin Goddess.Our planet is now 4 1/2 years into a more than 2,000-year shift from the power of the King to that of the Goddess.
In Virgo, it’s not the throne, the pinnacle, or the boardroom that carry the power. It’s the small detail, the humble gesture, the subatomic level of reality where most of the energy in the Universe resides. It’s the power of what’s common, not what’s grand. For the rest of your life, every planet who enters Virgo will receive an initiation from this mighty star — into the mystery of purification and renewal through the small and the microcosmic.
- To tap the potency that’s below the radar of your conscious mind, tune into the power of vibe and intention, in the moment, in the breath, and in the body.
This is Venus’ 5th initiation into the star mysteries of Regulus. Almost a year ago, this is where she began her retrograde journey of dying to outworn patterns of embodying Love. Now, a year later, she returns as the Evening Star, embodying her full wisdom and power as the Queen of Heaven.
Showering you with her her grace, Venus joins Mercury and Jupiter in Virgo, a mighty force of wisdom, love, and intelligence that grounds the cosmic fire of this August sky. Remember, they are showing you at every turn, that the Earth, too, is a cosmic being, and all that happens here unfolds on sacred ground.
- The way you care for your body, your food and the way you eat, each drop of rain and every pebble, the calls of the birds and the way you mend the smallest tears in the fabric of your life — all carry life-transforming medicine when aligned with your intention. Trust the power of the small.
The Star of Isis opens the Lion’s Gate, portal of the heart
Three days after Venus enters Virgo, as our Sun rises with Sirius — the star of Isis — on August 8, the fabled Lion’s Gate will be flung open. In the very same part of your energy field that the New Moon has seeded, your heart will bet invited to open to new frequencies of the most magical of all the expressions of the Cosmic Feminine energy.
- Seek the experiences — in nature, in meditation, in creativity and love — that open your heart and allow it to be a portal.
Holding the fiery vision and the earthy reality: the Great Unraveling accelerates
A lot’s going to happen in this lunar cycle:
- The Sun will trine Eris and Uranus, and enter Virgo.
- Luna will shift the energy into focused desire as she reaches her First Quarter Phase on August 10, swelling to eclipse potency on August 18,as she ripens to perfect fullness in Aquarius, and taking us into her last, transformative wisdom phase on August 24, as Mars and Saturn conjoin in the Antares degree.
- Mercury, busiest of all, will dart from one corner of the Universe to another as he help you understand all that is coming into being and falling away. By the Aquarius Full Moon, the Messenger will have squared Saturn, opposed Neptune, conjoined our evolutionary GPS, the Moon’s North Node, trined Pluto, and begun to prepare for his third retrograde of 2016, which begins in the Dark Moon, the day before a Virgo Solar Eclipse on September 1.
- Venuswill be busy too, conjoining the North Node, squaring Mars, Saturn, and Neptune, and trining Pluto as she climbs higher in the evening sky, shining brighter every night.
- Chiron will make the last of his three oppositions to Jupiter since November 2015, completing a process of showing you what’s broken in your ability to trust life — and healing, in ways as magical as you can hold.
Holding it all are the two giant reality-shapers, Saturn and Neptune. Since November they’ve begun a massive unraveling of old realities that are too small for where you’re going. Now, their reality-shifting square is only a degree and a half away from perfecting. Each day brings these giants closer to their third and final square, on September 11.
This final square between Saturn and Neptune is not bringing the unraveling to an end. It’s beginning our “new normal” — a 4 1/2 -year period when the primary cosmic activity is dissolving old realities and creating new ones.
- This lunar cycle, like the one that will follow, is an invitation to align your heart with the deepest purposes of the Cosmos — by letting go of your need to cling to what no longer resonates, no longer aligns, no longer fits.
The Cosmic Dragon: raising the power, and the stakes
Like everything else that happens this month, yesterday’s Leo New Moon was infused with dragon energy. How you relate to the dragon will determine everything.
We in the West inhabit a culture that was founded by dragon-slayers. The cultures of the East, however, have seen the dragon very differently — as the most regenerative, magical, and auspicious of the serpents, the keeper of wisdom and the guardian of the water without which nothing on Earth can live.
Across this New Moon sky, from the galactic level to that of our solar system, dragon energy is being simultaneously activated.
Five of these link energies from the center to the edge of our solar system with stars in the constellation Draco the Dragon, who lies coiled in the sky over Earth’s North Pole, the magnetic point where our planet sends and receives energy to the rest of the Universe.
- The two great and creative lights of our world, and your life, the Sun and Moon,
- Saturn, the giant planet who is gatekeeper of your consensus reality,
- Ceres, the dwarf planet who carries the frequencies of the Earth Mother for you,
- Altjira, the edge-dweller who connects you to the medicine of the Rainbow Serpent of the Dreamtime,
- Typhon, the edge-dweller whose dragon medicine you’ve been taught since birth to fear as chaotic and evil.
Six more alignments involve both two great stars of the Goddess, Algol and Spica,and bodies from the center to the edge of the solar system:
- Venus, Sedna, and Hekate align with the great star Algol, known as Medusa’s Third Eye
- Mercury opposes the asteroid Medusa
- The asteroid Magdalena creates new opportunity to perceive the dragon power within and around as she sextiles Mercury — and trines Medusa
- Uranus and Eris are conjoined with the asteroid Quetzalcoatl
- The edge-dwelling trans-Neptunian object Typhon conjoins the great star of the Goddess, Spica, and opposes Eris, Uranus, and Quetzalcoatl
- The edge-dwelling cubewano Altjira, and his dragon medicine of the Dreamtime, forms a immensely dynamic Grand Square with Saturn, Neptune, and the Moon’s North and South Nodes — the most karmic points in the sky.
An Initiation of the Heart
MotherGod, the energies of this New Moon beginning are intense. They’re far-out, close-in, high-frequency, and multi-dimensional. The stakes are high. With Saturn in the Antares degree for 32 days, from 28 July to 29 August, you’re getting a 31 day lesson about your relationship to power.
There’s nothing conceptual about this lesson. This is a living , breathing, fiery initiation you’re confronting, embedded with the power the culture of domination does not even recognize — the power of the heart. This is the power that brings reality into being. It’s coded into your being from the subatomic level, and it wires you straight into the Heart of the Cosmos.
And it’s offering itself to you now, as never before — and through you, to a world that has never needed it more.
May the power of the Heart bless you in ways you have only dreamed of, Beautiful,
Marcia (aka Star Sister)